-5 places remaining
Following the publication of The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 there is a duty on all practitioners to prevent people being drawn into terrorism. This duty includes training staff to recognise radicalisation and extremism and know how to report any concerns.
This session will provide you with an understanding of radicalisation and extremism and the dangers to extremist views, building resilience against these and knowing what to do if you experience them.
• Gain an understanding of ‘Prevent’ and the definitions of radicalisation
• Recognise factors that could make someone vulnerable to terrorism
• See why some people are able to influence and manipulate others
• Recognise when a vulnerable individual may need help
• Understand how to access help and support
• Let’s talk about it with young people
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.